If you have a new Netgear router or an old router and are having problems signing in. We have detailed how to recover your NETGEAR admin password here.
Important: If you have not activated Netgear password recovery on your router and have lost or changed your password, you must reset the Netgear router setup to factory default settings.
Using the password recovery option, I may obtain or reset my NETGEAR admin password as follows: The steps to recover your NETGEAR admin password are shown below.
This method only supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers, not Safari browsers.
- Launch a web browser.
Open a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome, on a computer that is linked to your router’s WIFI network.
- In the URL field, enter routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com.
Enter routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com into the URL bar of your web browser.
- Login to Router
A login popup will appear. A login window appears on the screen.
- Choose Cancel.
CANCEL should be selected.
- The NETGEAR Router admin Password Recovery window will appear.
Enter the serial number of your NETGEAR router.
Enter the serial number of your router. It’s written on the router’s label.
- Respond to the security questions.
Respond to the security questions you submitted while configuring Netgear router password recovery. If you are unable to answer your security questions, you must reset the router.
- Click the Continue button.
The NETGEAR router admin password has been recovered. Your administrative password is shown.
- Save the password that was shown.
Copy or save the password that is presented.
Follow the steps below to create your desired user name and password:
- Set Password > Settings > Administration
- Configure your desired password
- Fill in the blanks on the Set Password page.
- Click the Apply button.
- Your password has been reset.
How can I change the name and password of my WiFi network using the Nighthawk app?
Using the Nighthawk app, modify your NETGEAR WiFi name and password:
- Start the Nighthawk app.
- Select NETGEAR WiFi
- Your NETGEAR WiFi networks will be shown.
- Tap the NETGEAR WiFi network you wish to modify.
- Enter the NETGEAR WiFi name and password you want to use.
- Save the file.
How can I update my NETGEAR router’s admin password?
When you initially set up a new NETGEAR router, it is set to factory default settings, including login credentials. The www.routerlogin.net user name is admin by default, and the password is password.
For better security, newer NETGEAR routers ask you to change the default password during the setup process. If you have an older NETGEAR router or want to change the admin password after setup, you may do so using the router web interface.
To update the admin password on your NETGEAR router, follow these steps:
- Launch a web browser from a device that is linked to the network of your router.
- Navigate to routerlogin.net.
- A login window appears.
- Enter your email address and password.
- The admin user name is the default. The password is the one you entered the first time you checked in. The case of the user name and password is important.
- Displays the BASIC Home page or Dashboard.
- Set Password by going to ADVANCED > ADMINISTRATION.
- Select Settings > Administration > Set Password for Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers.
- Enter your existing password twice, followed by the new password.
- Enable Password Recovery to be able to recover your password in the future.
- If you do not activate password recovery and forget or lose your password, you must do a factory reset and reinstall the router.
- Click the Apply button.
Your preferences have been saved.
How can I use the password recovery option to get my NETGEAR admin password?
If your admin password has been altered or lost, you may retrieve it using NETGEAR router password recovery. If you change the router’s admin password, we advise you to activate router password recovery. mywifiext
If you want to use the password recovery option to get your admin password back:
- From a computer linked to your router’s NETGEAR WiFi network, open a web browser.
- Put routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com into the address bar of your web browser.
- A sign-in window appears.
- Please go to I’m having difficulties accessing my NETGEAR router; what can I do? if routerlogin.net does not appear.
- Choose CANCEL.
- The window for recovering the router password appears.
- Enter the serial number for your router.
- Choose CONTINUE.
- Respond to the security queries.
- Choose CONTINUE.
- The admin password is visible.
On my NETGEAR router, how can I change the wifi channel?
NETGEAR routers are already set up to utilize wireless channels that are generally reliable. 2.4 GHz channels are automatically chosen by your router depending on your network environment, and default 5 GHz (and 6 GHz, if it has WiFi 6E) channels are used based on your location.
You may want to manually adjust the wireless channels on your router if you often lose connections, have poor data transfers, or have other WiFi difficulties that may be brought on by interference.
If there is no interference, we advise using the default wifi channels. If this occurs, try several channels to see which one is most effective.
To find the channels with the least interference, you may also utilize the WiFi Analytics capabilities in the NETGEAR Nighthawk and Orbi applications on your Android smartphone.
Your NETGEAR router’s wireless channel may be modified as follows:
- From a computer or mobile device linked to your router’s network, open a web browser.
- Enter net at http://www.
- The login screen appears.
- Username and password must be entered.
- Administer is the user name. The password is the one you entered when you checked in for the first time. Both the user name and the password must match exactly.
- Displayed is the BASIC Home page.
- Decide on Wireless.
- The page for wireless settings appears.
- Choose your region from the Region option.
- You may not be able to alter this setting in certain places.
- Find the wifi band you wish to adjust the channel for by scrolling down.
- For instance, scroll down to the 5GHz (a/n/ac/ax) section if you wish to alter the 5 GHz band channel.
- Choose a channel from the Channel menu.
- Not all channels are accessible everywhere due to regional wireless broadcast laws.
- Tap or click Apply.
- You’ve saved your channel preferences.